26 May 2009

Uncomfortably Numb

I’m at a loss. Everything is telling me that I should be happy but instead I am the complete opposite. The job interview I had a couple of weeks back resulted in a job offer that I gratefully accepted and after spending the day filling in form upon form my first day has been arranged for Saturday. To all purpose it’s a dream job for me; a science explainer at a science centre/museum but right now I just can’t build up any enthusiasm. Slight issue when your job is to get kids thinking science is cool.

It sounds weird but I actually physically feel empty inside. For the last few days I’ve been constantly lightheaded and my body feels like it has no substance to it. Keeping my eyes open has resorted to wedging matchsticks in-between my eyelids...ok, maybe not, but you get the idea...but once I settle down to sleep I can’t drop off, not even my sleeping tablets could knock me out last night.

So, here I am, trying to will some life into me. Could be here a while...

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster